Data Analysis (1)    Statistical Inference

Lecturer: Margaret Wu        Email:  wu@edmeasurement.com.au

Course Outline

Assessment:  Attendance 10%.    Four weekly exercises (total of 40%).    One assignment (50%)

Topic 1  (19/11) :  Sampling distribution and confidence interval

           Class1.doc

           Simulation demo 

          Topic 1 Exercises 

          Topic 1 R code 

 
Topic 2  (26/11) :  Estimation and hypothesis testing

          Class2.doc 

          Literacy2.csv 

          Topic 2 Exercises 

          Topic 2 R code 

Topic 3  (3/12) :  Making inferences about means

          Class3.doc 

          Literacy2.csv 

          Topic 3 Exercises 

Topic 4  (10/12) :  More about t-tests, p-values, and Type I and Type II errors

          Class4.doc 

          Topic 4 Exercises 

          Cohens d 

          Class 4 R code 

Topic 5  (17/12) :  Analysis of variance, regression and causal inferences

          Class5.doc 

          pisa4c.csv 

          storks.pdf 

Assignment  (due:29/12) : 

          Instructions on assignment 

          taiwan.csv